Monday, January 24, 2011

Fox Calling? Sure, why not?!

So I retract my earlier statement of not freezing my butt off yesterday. Last night Chantal spent some time with our neighbor and I joined my husband for a night out, in minus 40 degree, minus 52 with wind chill, weather. Okay, so our night out wasn't exactly a dinner and movie kind of date. We spent 20 minutes gettng bundled up,drove out of town on our only road (which literally crosses the airport runway), walked out to a bluff on the tundra in complete darkness, sat in the snow bank, and blew into a highpitched call. All this in the hopes we would see a fox and be able to take a shot at it. It was so cold my eyelashes were freezing and I looked like Rip Van Winkle with my frozen hair...

 Last week Kev said he had seen three red fox, but we were not as lucky last night; we got skunked. Oh well, at least I got out of the house for a couple hours. And the cold was nothing a hot bath couldn't fix.


 ...Meanwhile Chantal stayed nice and toasty.


1 comment:

  1. I see she is fitting in her hat we got her. That didn't take long, she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete